.jpg)
.jpg)
A little crazy sexist if you ask me. I have not fallen for this type of house dress, but for the later more tent-like version. Yes, the earlier versions are more stylish and could even be retro chic, but they don’t have the fantastic qualities of the later boxy styles. And just to be clear, I have not suddenly discovered something to make house work bliss or give the impression that you have to look good while working around the house - this will not make you look good.
But in case you haven’t yet had the privilege of wearing a house dress, here is why I love them:

* No need to suck it in, you wouldn’t even be able to tell if you did
* They are unbelievably cheap (at least until word gets out on how great they are)
My only complaint is that it seems impossible to find a cute house dress. Why is it assumed that only elderly, hefty women would want to benefit from this wonderful item of clothing? I am not advocating wearing a house dress out in public (although there is no need to feel shame in wearing them) but in the comfort of your own home they can't be beat.
This is the start of a house dress revolution (or muumuu movement?). Drop your preconceived notions and prejudices, spend $2 at the DI and experience the liberating freedom.
"I don't want to look like a weirdo. I'll just go with the muumuu." - Homer Simpson
Where can I get me one of those. That looks marvelous! I could spend the entire day in one of those eating chocolate and occasionally ironing.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
You and my mother-in-law :)
ReplyDelete