Sunday, November 10, 2013

Boys VS Girls

On Friday night we split up by gender.  The boys went to the Arc de Triomphe and the girls went to the Nutcracker.  We have been to the Arc de Triomphe a couple of times but have never gone to the top.  The kids love going to the top of things.
 
The spiral staircase.






Champs Elysees

It was the perfect time of day to get a day and nighttime view of the city.  Isaac has been wanting to get this view of the Eiffel Tower at night since we got here.  


Early in our trip I decided I wanted to take Libby to the ballet.  I'd hoped to be able to see something at the Opera building but we weren't able to make that work.  Instead, we went to the Nutcracker performed by the St. Petersburg Ballet Company.  We invited the students to come and made an evening out of it.  It was fun to go with the students (12 girls came with us).  Libby felt like one of the college girls.

Dinner at a creperie.
The girls were all dressed up and very excited about the ballet.


View from our seats.
We were in the very last row of the balcony.




Curtain call
The theater wasn't too far from our apartment
so Libby and I decided to walk home by the
Eiffel Tower.
Recapping our evening.  Clearly Chris is thrilled listening to us talk about the ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment