Saturday, October 12, 2013

Getting Lost in the Louvre - Day 1

This is not some metaphorical or artistic statement, I mean literally getting lost in the Louvre.  It is huge and nearly impossible to find a map in English!

We went to the Louvre three times this week with the art history class.  The first time there was a union meeting and so the opening was delayed 2 hours.  We got a little art history lesson of the outside of the museum and some of the surrounding areas.  By then the line was too long and we didn't go in.


Across the street from the Louvre
at the Palais Royal discussing
this column art display.  I could only half listen
since I was trying to keep my kids running and jumping
off the columns.
One of many covered shopping streets in this area.



Learning about the museum building.


Luke keeping himself entertained.





On our way home we walked through the Tuileries Gardens and stopped by the Obelisk.  This is the site of all the major beheadings (Louis XVI, Marie-Antionette, anyone who was anyone).  
Taking a break at the Tuileries.



We'd heard rumors there was a Chipotle in Paris so we had to find out for ourselves.  Yes there is and it was delicious!  They have a unisex bathroom (fear of the ERA confirmed).  Libby and I used it and survived with our gender still in tact.  If it is a free, clean toilet in Paris I'm grateful for it and I don't care who else may be in there with me.




 Day 1 Louvre = Failure; Day 1 Lunch = Success!






No comments:

Post a Comment